Welcome to the BCDC data submission system. Any data from earth and climate science can be submitted. We highly appreciate your eagerness to publish data! The BCDC archival infrastructure is a collaboration with PANGAEA, using the Pangea data editorial system. Published data are fully citable and can be cross-referenced with journal articles. We will be in direct contact with you during preparation and archiving of your data.
- Long term preservation of data. Your data will be available within the World Data System (WDS) of the International Council for Science (ICSU).
- Quality assurance on metadata, such as citation, references, geo-location, and standard parameter vocabularies.
- Reliable identification and access with a DOI for each data supplement.
- Pre-publication, password protected access to data supplements for journal editors in support to the peer-review process.
- Minimal formatting requirements as the author.
- Direct communication with data manager regarding changes to data and metadata, e.g. unit conversions, taxonomy updates.
- Open access to data in several widely accepted machine-readable formats.
- Creative Commons Attribution license which requires that you, as the author(s), are referenced if the data are reused.
- The review process ensures the integrity and quality of your data.
- Data can be submitted in most formats and will be converted to the final import and publication format.
- The PANGAEA/BCDC data managers will check the completeness and consistency of the data and metadata. Our data managers are scientists from the earth and life sciences. We may identify potential outliers and other contingencies of your data.
- After data has been archived you will receive a DOI and you are requested to validate the submission, before the final version is published. If your data are supplementary to a journal article you may reference the data in the article using this DOI.
- In case there is a moratorium on your data you may ask for access constraints.
For more information please visit http://www.pangaea.de/submit/
How to submit
We are using a shared ticket system for data submission with PANGAEA. In order to get all the functionalities you have to create an account and be logged in.
You can create an account here. If you already have an account you follow the link, sign in and follow the instructions. If you encounter any issues or you would rather submit your data by mail please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
More general information about data and metadata submission can be obtained here.